Twas the morning of Christmas
and all through the house
the smell of turkey dinner awakened the spouse.
Traditional puppy slippers donned with care and
smells of Christmas dinner filled the air!
Our family tradition is to be non-traditional.
It’s not that I didn’t try.
• Reading the story of Jesus’ birth in Luke
• Waking up to the smell of roasting Turkey
• Making Mom’s best-dressing-in-the-world recipe
• On and on and on …
But families grow up. And move away. And marry with new family traditions. And …
I’ve learned the best tradition is being flexible. The very best gift I’ve given my family is a non-traditional happy-whenever-whatever Mom and Gege.
A gotta’ try, everyone-pitch-in, laugh-in-the-kitchen and yummy-at-the-table recipe.
I just saw this on HGTV Diners, Drive-in and Dives!
TURKEY DINNER ON WAFFLE DRESSING
• Make your “traditional” dressing
• Make waffles from your dressing
• Plate the waffle
• Mound with sliced Turkey
• Add a mountain of mashed potatoes
• Add a generous scoop of cranberry sauce on the side
• Cover with gravy.
I mean seriously … this is going to be fun and yummy … and who knows
I may be starting a new tradition!
Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving,
“Whatever happens, give thanks, because it is God’s will in Christ Jesus that you do this.”
1 Thessalonians 5:18