Recently my eyes landed on a phrase … and it stuck with me, “Sow the Word.”
Sow the Word
That’s what we do with our prayer life. We pray, sow, plant, water, nurture our prayers with the Word of God. The Bible is the DNA of our prayer life. And the Word tells us,
“So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth;
It will not return to Me empty,
Without accomplishing what I desire,
And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.” Isaiah 55:11
- Do you need encouragement? Read the Word of God out loud to yourself.
- Do you need counsel? Search the Word of God. It’s there.
- Do you need help praying for someone? God’s Word has the right words.
- Do you need to know how God feels about something? You’ll find the answer in His Word.
- Do you … it’s in the Word
One doesn’t need to argue the Bible. One needs to live the Bible. The Word of God speaks for itself.
“For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.” Hebrew 4:12
PS The banner picture is from my Bible where I wrote in a date and prayed for my wonderful pastor friend, who loves the Word of God, prayer, the Church and has been an incredible influence on my life. Syble Griffing.